Accidents in Public

We specialise in obtaining compensation for injury sustained in a public place.

In our day-to-day lives we rely on others to help us stay safe. The law requires Local Authorities to inspect, maintain and repair roads and pavements and business owners to inspect, maintain and repair premises to ensure that members of the public are not in any danger.Usually, the person or organisation that owns or leases the area is legally responsible for providing an environment free of risk.

Yet, despite this legal duty of care, accidents still happen and everyday people suffer injury in public places.

A person who suffers any type of injury may require compensation to cover loss of earnings, future loss of earnings, childcare, rehabilitation and/or medical care. If you’re unsure as to whether you have a valid claim for compensation, please contact us for legal advice.

Have you suffered from an injury in a public place?

An accident can be serious and costly. If you’ve been injured in an accident in public place and it wasn’t your fault we might be able to claim compensation. Typical accidents are:

  • Trips, slips or falls
  • In the street, cafe, park or shop
  • Falling objects
  • Damaged flooring
  • Unstable pavements
  • Construction

How we can help you?

Paul Rooney Solicitors have a wealth of knowledge in dealing with claims for injury in a public place, having successfully helped thousands of clients in the last 40 years. We can assist you on a No Win No Fee basis with no upfront fees to pay.

Most cases, other than for the most serious injuries, are dealt with via a streamlined semi-automated process and settle within months.

The process involves

  • Collecting the details of the claim
  • Reporting the claim to the at fault insurance company
  • Collecting details and evidence of losses incurred
  • Obtaining medical evidence to support your claim
  • Valuing and trying to negotiate early settlement of your claim, without Court action
  • Explaining Court process and issue proceedings

Next Steps?

If you have suffered injury as a result of an accident in a public place, call to see how we can assist you with making a claim.