Complaints Policy

Paul Rooney Solicitors are dedicated to providing a high standard of service to everyone at all times.
We recognise things can go wrong from time to time. You can complain to us about any aspect of our service.

How to complain

By email:

In writing:

Tracey Greatorex
Head of Complaints & Compliance
Paul Rooney Solicitors
83 Fountain Street
M2 2EE

Please include the following information:

  • What went wrong
  • When it happened
  • Who you dealt with
  • How you would like it resolved
  • Your case reference

What will happen

We will always acknowledge your complaint within two days. We will:

Give you the details of the individual handling your complaint and how to contact them

  • Investigate your complaint
  • Resolve it within 28 days – we will inform you of any delay, explain why and tell you when we expect to resolve it
  • If we uphold your complaint, we will apologise, explain what went wrong and how we will prevent it from happening again.

We will always respect your right to confidentiality and not treat you any differently for complaining.

If we are unable to settle any complaint using our internal complaints process, you have a right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman, an independent complaints body, established under the Legal Services Act 2007 that deals with legal services complaints. You have six months from the date of our final letter in which to complain to the Legal Ombudsman.


Alternative complaints bodies (such as Ombudsman Services, ProMediate and Small Claims Mediation) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. We do not however agree to use these schemes and will continue to use the Legal Ombudsman to resolve complaints that we cannot resolve directly.

Complaining about data processing

If you have concerns about how we have processed your personal data, you should initially contact Tracey Greatorex, Head of Complaints & Compliance by email at or at our registered address.

If you remain unsatisfied, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office – concerns can be reported online at, by telephone to 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745, or in writing to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.